Authentic Servant Leadership
The 5 “I” hallmarks Authentic Leaders live by…
I have been blessed to be surrounded by some of The Woodlands and Houston top community leaders and have learned what makes them tick. It has nothing to do with their selfish “I” motivations. To the contrary, it is a selfless humility and professional curious will to never be satisfied while serving others. Here are some of the takeaways of the 5 “I”s- and it’s not all about their own “I”.
1. Insight – they possess empirical creativity and curiosity to make a difference - just like Jim Collins says-Great by Choice.
2. Initiative – leaders take the first step and make a bold calculated move – “think _ do” iterations- even if they fail.
3. Influence- Are they following us? They are respected and revered thru their actions- not words?
4. Impact- this is paramount to the leaders purpose – a Distinctive Impact. This drills down into your “why”.
5. Integrity – arguably the biggest of all 5- always do the next right thing!
Do these above match your leadership? Are you leading and inspiring or managing? Are you embracing your fear, and dancing with it? Are you able to change and not play it safe?
Are you tracking on all 5 above- every single one? It’s a challenge and that makes it so special.
Hitler and Stalin had #’s 1-4… but not the main thrust of # 5- no Integrity sinks the ship.
Integrity is when your ethical actions do what you say you will do. We need this now more than ever. The Woodlands and commercial real estate is growing leaps and bounds, (as I hope your industry and space are as well) - so it’s imperative now we all grow together in impact, integrity and trust. Join the club and sign up at www.bandierinsights.com for more stuff that matters in this game of LIFE.
Thank you Leaders, you are all inspiring to us as we continue to Lead the way you teach us – starting with the five “I”s.